Products & Services
Pre-Construction Services is the start of developing a comprehensive project management plan. This phase of planning, coordination, and quality control is essential to meeting client expectations and project requirements. During this phase we review materials, lead times, and budget to deliver on time and within budget. We also provide in-house lighting design services.
Prior to purchasing major electrical systems such as Lighting, Lighting Controls, Power Distribution, Solar PV, Automation and Metering there are significant reviews required to minimize risk and ensure that the proper products are being purchased. Materials must be reviewed for constructability, dimensions, weights, mounting methods, coordination with other products and trades, energy consumption, meeting technical specifications, and budget.
Building a schedule for engineering review time and approval, product lead times, and logistical planning starts the process to establishing installation planning for complete project.
Academy Energy Group has provided lighting products for many applications and environments in almost every market sector. With the rapid advancement of lighting technology, determining what to buy can be daunting.
With several decades of experience we have developed proven processes for lighting specification and product selection. We assist in the design process with product selection and application engineering. This reduces risks and ensures quality to the Owner and Contractors.
- Lighting Design
- LED Lighting
- Lighting Fixtures
- Lighting Controls
- Custom Lighting
- Lamps & Ballasts
We support many types of lighting controls systems:
- Stand Alone Systems
- Networked Advanced Lighting Controls
- Networked Advanced Lighting Controls with BAS Integration
- Networked with Enterprise Energy Management Systems
- Color Changing LED Controls
- DMX Lighting Control Systems
Lighting controls systems require a compatibility review with the lighting fixtures and their ballasts and/or LED drivers. We have experience providing the correct product selection and compatibility review for your project.
Academy Energy Group provides Power Distribution equipment from Utility High Voltage to Medium Voltage and Low Voltage systems. We offer mission critical power infrastructure products, assessments, and solutions. We also have experience with back-up power and Microgrid power infrastructure. Our factory direct product offering includes:
- Automatic Transfer Switches
- Power Monitoring and Control Systems (PMCS)
- Paralleling Switchgear
- Power Factor Correction Equipment
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
AEG has a proven systematic process in place for the auditing of electrical one-line bill of material reconciliation and technical review for Compliance, Deviations, and Exceptions (C,D, & E). This process is a critical quality control component for projects of any size.
Academy Energy Group's Power Quality offering includes: Surge Protection, Waveform Correction Technology, Harmonic-Mitigating Transformers, and Power Factor Correction products.
We perform power quality assessments for End-Users and our Electrical Contractor Partners.
Academy Energy Group provides a wide array of assistance for Solar PV projects. This ranges from Design Development, Design Coordination, Application Engineering, Product Selection, Specification, Product Supply and Commissioning Services. We team with a National Network of Installation Partners. Our Services include the following:
- Utility Interconnection
- High Voltage/Medium Voltage Power Distribution
- PV Panel Selection
- Inverter Selection and String Design
- PV Panel Racking Layout and Design (Ground-Mount, Roof-Mount, Carport)
- On-grid or Off-grid
- Microgrid Control
- Control for Solar PV and Generator Applications
- Balance of Systems Materials
Academy Energy Group’s Automation solutions support several applications focused around metering, monitoring, and power quality. These include the following:
- Microgrid Automation & Control
- Enterprise Energy Management/Metering
- Data Acquisition Systems (DAS)
- Lighting Control System Integration
- Mission Critical Power Monitoring
- Power Quality Assessment & Improvement
- Automotive OEM & Multiplatform Integration
To support our customers, we provide Design, Site Survey, Application Engineering, Specification, Supply, National Installation Partner Network, System Startup & Commissioning, and Support Services.
Academy Energy Group's “Metering System Solution Partner Program” includes: Design, Site Survey, Application Engineering, Specification, Supply, National Installation Network, System Startup & Commission, and Support Services.
- Energy & Power Production/Consumption Data
- Water Flow & Usage Data
- Gas Flow & Consumption Data
- Solar Power Production/Consumption Data
- Data Collection & Analytic Analysis Software
- Consolidation & Dash-boarding Multiple Systems
- Computer Software/Hardware Product Supplier
Academy Energy Group provides your project needs for standard electrical materials, such as:
- Wiring Devices
- Conduit & Cables Tray
- Other Electrical Materials